Thursday, July 30, 2009

Counting My Blessing


Over the past few 2 days, I have heard 3 cases of sad story on baby/toddler from my friends, which reminded me to count my blessing (not that I am not) and reach out more to those that need help.

Case # 1:
Baby A is a 8mos baby boy. He was born with weak hearing on his right ear, a hole in the heart and 2 of his spine cord is a little out of shape. When PD told his mother (whom is my ex-colleague) about all these, the mother collapsed and went to post natal depression. It took the mother 6mos to recover and accepted the fact. After treatment from Singapore and KL, the respective PD had assured her the spine cord is normal (since he has good head control), his hearing is weak but can hear (although only 20%) and the hold in the heart will close up once the boy reach 2yo.

Case # 2:
A toddler's head stopped growing after reaching 15mos. The boy born normal but this only occurred lately. As of now, can't detect what was the reason and the mother quit her job but to rush everywhere to seek help.

Case # 3:
Baby boy B born just 2 days after Sean. Just right after baby turned 4mo, he has been crying non stop. After checking, found out one of the small vein at his head burst. Did operation but later found out the blood circulated all around the head as baby had slow wound healing process. Did another operation to remove the blood and baby is current in GH for monitoring and recovery

I shared the stories with Poh Poh and she agreed with me nothing is more important than being healthy.

Start counting your blessing!

Scrap credit:
Quickpage : Valerie Steinkoenig
Word Art: jburkhart

1 comment:

yeelee said...

thanks for sharing!!