Thursday, March 12, 2009

When I See You Smile...


Sean smiles when he is fully fed, changed and cleaned. When he gives me this smile, all tiredness gone and it’s rewarding on the sacrifices made. There was once, he even giggled and I was like "OMG, at this age he can giggle already?"

Being a breastfeeding exclusive mother, sleep deprive is one of the reasons that caused a tiring mother. I am one of them too as I hardly can nap during day time unless I only slept like 2-3 hrs on the night before. For those of you who breastfeed, you would know this is also the best time to stock up the 'milk inventory' for later used. So you can imagine after each feed like 30 mins, I spent another 30 mins to clean and change him if he poo. Then, another good 30 mins to pump (to empty the breast), store and keep the expressed breast milk. Get up again <1hr time for the next feeding. At times, Sean gets up middle of the interval for cuddle. There goes my sleep.

What’s more with Ern around during weekdays, I can hardly sleep as she napped ~1 hour only. Once she gets up, we need to 'entertain' her. Else, she will always want to 'play' with her brother.

3 comments:

bigdog said...

Dear Jr,
I hope you don't feel that I've neglected your arrival and presence...I never did and I'll never...I love you as much as to your cheche...We're celebrating your "full-moon" today...with love and hugs...
Daddy

CheahWei said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CheahWei said...

What a lovely smile Sean has. Its really a beautiful smile and it makes all hard work/efforts worth it, huh?

I can still visualize the routine you've just described and it scares me still...