Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Demanding Kid


Sean is a DEMANDING baby. He SHOUTS his lung out when he cried, which according to his PD, it’s uncommon to see a new born to shout. So you can imagine when he cried, he can really tear the house down! If you are outsider, his cry is as if he is being tortured.

Owing to that, he has colic and even with direct feeding, he can throw up mouthful of milk after each feed. Too much wind in his tummy!

He is still operating in “US Time Zone”, stay awake easily during mid night. Nevertheless, his feeding interval is 3-3.5 hour, so not too bad for a 3 weekers! I mean, I have prepared for the worst like every 2 hours (before he was born). So anything come longer than 2hr, it’s already a blessing to me.

We are slowly adjusting him to our time zone so that when I get back to work in 2 months time, I can get enough sleep. Keep my finger cross but I have prepared to get up 2-3 times for midnight feed.

He likes to be dry and clean at all times. When he wet his diaper or poo, he will cry, asking for a change. He will stop crying right after change, be it his cloth or disposable diaper.

When he was in hospital, he liked to be wrapped but now, he doesn’t like that anymore. He prefers to get his hands out, no matter how tight we wrapped him. If he is stuck half way in getting his hand out, he will cry!

So far, he is coping well with bottle, pacifier and McB. I am thankful he doesn’t have nipple confusion even I nurse him most of the time. Hope this is a good start before I go back to work.

He has strong legs as compare with his Che Che, Ern. So, when he kicks, you can see the playpen is moving a bit! So when Poh Poh showed him, extra care in holding him is needed!

Boy is always a boy!

1 comment:

CheahWei said...

I am not surprise to hear this because this is exactly what I've been through with Shan!
Yes, she shout, she demands and she'll cry her lungs out! Neighbour staying on the 8th floor of my Mum's aprt. will hear baby cries at all time and next door neighbour tot a baby being tortured! They later found out it's my daughter, OMG!

Shan also has strong legs, so she'd prefer and able to push herself to stand up when she's about 5 mth old.