Thursday, July 1, 2010

Poh Poh's 60th Surprise Birthday Party


This photo was taken back on June 2nd, which was Poh Poh's 60th lunar birthday. I dressed the kids in the Vietnamise costume that Daddy bought for them! Wanted to wear them as frequent as possible as both of them about to outgrown the suit already. hehe

I thought of throwing a surprise party for Poh Poh since it's her 60th birthday. As the date drew closer, I worked with one of her friends to coordinate with other friends to come to the party. There were 30+ of them!!

Poh Poh's friends pretty cool and they corporated with me in 'acting'..came out with all sort of excuses to ask her to come to the party while I did the same thing too.

On the actual day, I brought the kids to the restaurant earlier to check things in order (although I already booked the place and order the food). Slowly, all her friends came by and chit chat. I only knew some of them as they came to my wedding before.

Then, I have gotten Kau Foo (my brother) to send my mum to the restaurant and giving us signal as they approached the restaurant. We even turned off the light and the moment Poh Poh came in, we all shouted "SURPRISE" !!!!

See, this was Poh Poh's reaction when she came in. Emotional moment, I tell you!!!

We didn't join the dinner but just leave right after the surprise party. Just let Poh Poh enjoys her time without helping me to take care of the kids. It's her BIG day!! Also, with the family around, her friends won't enjoy like usual...

No comments: