Tuesday, February 24, 2009

On 16th February 2009...


At 4.55pm of 16th February 2009, it marked the day of your grand entrance.

Mild contracted started right after dinner but they were not consistent. It started from once every 2 hours, then once every hour, 30 mins,15 mins to 8 mins. Subsequently, it became like 5 mins apart. Then, it's gone after I changed my position like from standing to sitting or to lying down.

I tucked CheChe to bed at 10pm and didn't really bother about the contraction and thought it could be just another Braxton Hicks. However, I did track the contraction interval to determine if it is true labor or not. Meanwhile, also asked Daddy to get himself ready if ever need to send me to hospital for labour. At 1am, the contraction became 5 mins apart and I told Daddy "times up. let's go!".

We reached hospital around 2am. I was put on monitoring and guess what, the contraction was GONE again! Midwife told us to go home but I told her we actually plan to induce the baby (over personal reason). So Daddy and I went to Penang Road for Roti Canai at 3am for supper (or early breakfast!). Daddy dropped me off at hospital while he went home for rest.

At 9am, cervix dilated at 4cm and was told I can deliver. Then, the midwife came and advised me NOT to deliver since baby is just 37 weeker. Best to hang on for another week. Daddy and I spoke to the PD and we got the same advice too. So, we went down to gynae office for another round of discussion and we were sort of decided to hang on for another week. Gynae suggest for another round of cervix checking before allowing me to head home. Guess what, it was dilated at 5cm and I had a show.

By the time I was cleaned and etc, it was past 12noon. Gynae to burst the water bag and that's where the contraction started. Thought of enduring the labor pain without taking epidural but I couldn't cope. At ~ 2pm, epidural injected and it was such a relieve!

At 3.30pm, I was fully dilated and just waited for the strong contraction to come. Gynae helped to speed up the contraction by injecting a medicine and by 4.45, strong contraction came. With 2 pushes, baby is out!

Easy push this time, as compared with Che Che (pushed for 2+ hours). Same like Che Che, Sean cried immediately right after came out and he opened his eyes. What's more, he pee while the nurse was cleaning him up! I can see the "fountain shooting up high"!

Daddy and I were not really emotional like the first time. Second time, sort of know what to expect but we were very happy to see Sean! When the nurse brought Sean over to me, I was a but emotional to see him but didn't shed any tears.

1 hour later, nurse brought Sean to me for feed. Sean latched on well like a pro and sucked hard on the breast! This marked the beginning of my breastfeeding journey.

1 comment:

Mommy said...

What a detail and remarkable post! I bet Sean will appreciate it when he is old enough to read :)

Congratulation again!